To help drive the grassroots efforts of MWF, we launched the Ambassador Program. MWF Ambassadors are volunteer leaders in their communities that are committed to sharing their authentic love for MWF’s advocacy and campaign work and Montana’s wildlife, habitat, and public lands and waters. They do this important outreach by increasing MWF’s capacity by reaching wider and more diverse audiences, and by sharing their story. Our ambassadors are engaged advocates! They write LTEs, op-eds, and blogs, host and support events, testify at meetings and perform many additional outreach activities.
MWF is composed of supporters, affiliate groups and clubs, donors, and a collective of people from all walks of life who identify with many titles and labels – hunters, anglers, recreationists, conservationists, advocates, public access champions, landowners, etc. We don’t always agree on the way forward for every issue but when we share dialogue, collaborate, align on issues, and work together, we are the strongest force. This has been proven time and time again at the legislature and within local communities. Each MWF Ambassador is unique in background and character but they all have one thing in common – their support of MWF, our mission, and our values.
The MWF staff is committed to this program because we value the talents and gifts of our Ambassadors, all volunteers dedicated to contributing to their communities and the whole of conservation work in Montana. We are devoted to providing meaningful and impactful volunteer experiences through the MWF Ambassador Program.
We look forward to building a great relationship moving forward!
Montana Wildlife Federation Requirements:
1. Understand MWF’s mission.
2. Develop content in the form of op-eds, LTE’s, reels, and all around general content that MWF can use on social media, newsletters and website.
3. Be active on social channels such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram or be interested in joining MWF board of directors committees.
4. Share Montana Wildlife Federation digital content regularly on your channels.
6. Organize two events a year. These can be virtual or in-person. Work with MWF staff to plan, promote, and execute.
7. Attend a monthly, virtual ambassador meeting via zoom.
Please provide the following for consideration:
1. Short paragraph explaining why you’d like to be an ambassador for Montana Wildlife Federation.
2. Photo samples of your hunts/fishing/outdoor adventures.
3. Links to your social media: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
4. Link to your website (if available).
5. Any affiliations you have with other conservation organizations
6. Your hunting/fishing/outdoor adventure schedule for the upcoming season.
7. Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Email subject line must be: MWF Ambassador 2023 Application
Applications must be submitted by October 2, 2023.
Thank you for your interest in partnering with the Montana Wildlife Federation.